Sunday, December 5, 2010

?SEWER?

I am in Puerto Maldonado, a southeast city in the jungle of Peru. Today is hot and I am sweating like crazy. A couple of days ago the pump for the septic tank went “kaput”. It had just been install a month ago, so it seemed odd. When I dug the system up, I found they had installed an above ground water suction pump in an underground manhole. Guess what happens when it rains. The manhole gets full of water. These pumps don’t like working underwater. J So I scurried about town yesterday looking for pumps. Everybody kept telling me to go to this one place to buy a submersible pump, but it was closed for inventory. Ha,ha, who would have thought they even did inventories out in the jungle of Peru. About 4:30pm, I found a place that had some. Got it installed last night with the use of my trust headlamp. Managed to only spray myself once with sewer water in the process. The system is up and running again and I can now flush my toilet. Oh how good are the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment